for all journeys
Insurance companies are obliged to create and list the most important product information for legal reasons. The following link takes you to the product information area, where we summarize everything about this travel insurance: the Insurance Product Information document, Coverage description with insured benefits and premiums, Terms and Conditions as well as the information on the right of withdrawal, complaint options and data processing.
- trip cancellation
- travel cover (e.g. medical services abroad, return transport, luggage)
- for the first 42 days of each trip
- Sums insured apply per trip
- business and private trips
- worldwide cover
- no age limit, no excess
- individually extendable scope of services
- new value cover in the event of loss of or damage to luggage
Günther D. books a trip to Greece and takes out an Annual CompleteCover policy from Europäische Reiseversicherung. While swimming, Mr D feels a burning pain in his knee. When the pain increases he is taken to the local hospital, where a meniscus tear is diagnosed. He is taken to Austria by ambulance jet. The costs in the amount of 10,863 Euros, comprising the hospital costs, return transport costs and unused travel services, are paid by Europäische Reiseversicherung. 191 Euros is refunded by social insurance.
The insured sums listed in the coverage description apply to each trip and limit the insurer's benefits for all insured events.
Yes, the insurance cover is active when the insured person is traveling outside their municipality of residence.
If you apply for a multi Travel Insurance online, a confirmation of your application will be displayed immediately. You will also receive this confirmation by email within the following few minutes. Following positive processing of your application, in the next few days you will receive by post your insurance policy with scope of benefits, conditions of insurance and emergency card.
The insurance cover applies worldwide, with the exception of Afghanistan, Belarus, Myanmar (Burma), Iran, Crimea, North Korea, Russia, Syria and Venezuela.
The insurance covers the first 42 days of each holiday and business trip. Upon completion of the additional package „Duration of trip“ the insurance covers the first 84 days of each holiday and business trip. Insurance coverage begins when you leave your main residence, a second residence or your regular place of work and ends when you return to one of the named locations or when the insurance has expired beforehand. Travel between the aforementioned locations is not covered by the insurance. Field word activity is not considered a trip and is therefore not covered by the insurance. Field work is deemed to exist when the employee works primarily outside the company headquarters. This includes in particular the activity as sales staff, account manager, technical service personnel, construction worker, driver (of trucks, buses and passenger transport), which is done mainly outside the corporate seat (on site).
If you unexpectedly fall ill during an insured trip, we reimburse the costs of inpatient treatment until we can transport you back to Austria, even if the originally planned end of the trip has already passed.
The insurance period is one year. Unless notice of termination is given by one of the contracting partners not later than one month before the expiry of the insurance agreement, the agreement is renewed for a further year.
You have the option to extend the benefits of the Annual-CompleteCover individually with the following additional packages:
- "Business luggage & manual activity"
Additional insurance cover applies to Business luggage (Luggage) and for the exercise of a professional manual activity (Medical Services abroad and transport home).
- "Duration of trip"
The maximum insured duration per trip is extended from 42 days to 84 days.
It is a precondition for cover that the insured person has their normal place of residence in Austria or South Tyrol. The insured persons can be travelling separately or to different destinations at the same time.
The list of all insured reasons for cancellation can be found in insurance terms and conditions. The most important reasons are:
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious health consequences resulting from an accident or death of the insured person or family members. Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), the siblings, stepsiblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
- serious damage to your property at the place of residence as a result of act of God or criminal act of a third party
- loss of job without fault, as a result of notice of termination issued by the employer
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, or serious physical injury caused by an accident, of a dog, cat or horse (pets) whose permanent owner is the insured, making your presence absolutely necessary
- neighbourly assistance by the insured in the event of a disaster
Who is authorised to cancel?
If an insured event occurs (e.g. a person falling sick), the following insured co-travellers can also cancel:
- family members of the insured person affected; Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), the siblings, stepsiblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
- a maximum of six further persons per insured event.
Yes, insurance also applies for business trips. If you are looking for cover for business luggage and the exercise of a professional manual activity, we recommend the additional package "Business luggage & manual activity".
Due to the current political and military situation, the sanctions, airspace closures and deactivated payment facilities we currently do not offer insurance for travel to Israel, to Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.
For any trip abroad please inform yourself also about the current country-specific security advices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/reise-services/laender/
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.