Hotel Cancellation Premium
with accident cover for hotel stays
Insurance companies are obliged to create and list the most important product information for legal reasons. The following link takes you to the product information area, where we summarize everything about this travel insurance: the Insurance Product Information document, Coverage description with insured benefits and premiums, Terms and Conditions as well as the information on the right of withdrawal, complaint options and data processing.
Mr and Mrs P. book a one-week wellness holiday in beautiful Salzburger Land and take out a Hotel Cancellation Premium policy with Europäische Reiseversicherung. Three days before they are due to leave, the colleague covering Mr P. at work falls ill and the trip has to be cancelled, because Mr P. is needed back at his desk. The cancellation costs amount to 1,240 Euros and are covered in full by Europäische Reiseversicherung.
Due to the current political and military situation, the sanctions, airspace closures and deactivated payment facilities we currently do not offer insurance for travel to Israel, to Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.
For any trip abroad please inform yourself also about the current country-specific security advices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/reise-services/laender/
Hotel Cancellation Premium can also be taken out for business trips.
Yes - Hotel Cancellation Premium insures the trip booked at the time of conclusion of the insurance - e.g. hotel or rental arrangement. Additionally booked benefits and travel expenses can be insured.
If you take out Hotel Cancellation Premium via our Internet site, your insurance policy will be displayed immediately by way of confirmation. You will also receive your policy by email within the following few minutes. In your insurance policy you will find full information on the insurance you have taken out, and the link to the information sheet, so that you can call up full information on the product at any time.
The list of all insured reasons for cancellation can be found in the insurance terms and conditions on Product Information. The most important reasons are:
- unexpected serious illness, serious bodily injury caused by an accident, unexpected acute onset of an existing illness or consequence of an accident, fracture or loosening of implanted joints or adverse reaction of the insured person to a vaccination
- unexpected serious illness, serious bodily injury caused by an accident, unexpected acute onset of an existing illness or consequence of an accident, fracture or loosening of implanted joints or death (including suicide) of family members or other close friend or relative, as a result of which the presence of the insured person is required. The close friend or relative must be named to the insurer in writing when the insurance is taken out; only one close friend or relative may be named per booking
- significant material damage to the property of the insured person at one of his or her places of residence as a result of an Act of God (flood, storm, etc.), fire, burst water pipe or criminal act committed by a third party, as a result of which the presence of the insured person is necessary;
- loss of employment through no fault of the insured person as a result of termination of employment by the employer;
With Hotel Cancellation Premium are additional reasons for cancellation covered, such as
- unexpected serious illness, serious bodily injury caused by an accident, unexpected acute onset of an existing illness or consequence of an accident, fracture or loosening of implanted joints or death (including suicide) of the employee or colleague at the same company who acts in place of the insured person for the duration of the trip, as a result of which the presence of the insured person is necessary;
- unexpected serious illness or serious accidental bodily injury of a dog, cat or horse whose permanent owner is the insured person, as a result of which the presence of the insured person is necessary to care for the pet;
- necessary neighbourly assistance by the insured person in the event of a natural disaster (flood, landslide, mudslide, avalanche, earthquake, snow pressure, hurricane and landslide);
Who is authorised to cancel?
If an insured event occurs (e.g. a person falling sick), the following insured co-travellers can also cancel:
- Family members of the insured person affected. Family member means a spouse (or registered partner or cohabiting partner), children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adoptive parents), siblings, stepbrothers and sisters-in-law of the insured person; for a registered partner or cohabiting partner living in the same household, this also includes their children, parents and siblings.
- a maximum of six additional persons per insured event.
Insurance policies with trip cancellation benefits must be taken out within 3 days of booking the trip at the latest. If the insurance is taken out after this date, trip cancellation insurance cover is only provided for events that occur from the 10th day after the insurance is taken out (excluding accident, death or Act of God). Please note the special provision for "Pregnancy" as the reason for cancellation, under Section 11, subsection 2.1.3.
For example: if you book your summer holiday in January and take out travel insurance on 1 March, the cover in respect of cancellation does not start until 11 March.
If you take out cover via the Internet site, your insurance policy will be immediately displayed and sent to you by email by way of confirmation.
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.