Medical treatment abroad & more
Insurance companies are obliged to create and list the most important product information for legal reasons. The following link takes you to the product information area, where we summarize everything about this travel insurance: the Insurance Product Information document, Coverage description with insured benefits and premiums, Terms and Conditions as well as the information on the right of withdrawal, complaint options and data processing.
- Additional return journey costs in case of trip interruption
- Trip delay: additional costs for accommodation, meals and subsequent travel
- Travel luggage: new value cover in the event of damage or loss, reimbursement of costs in the event of delayed luggage
- Search and rescue: in the event of accident and distress at sea or in mountains up to 80,000 Euros
- Travel health insurance abroad: reimbursement of costs incurred, e.g. for outpatient and inpatient treatment up to 1,000,000 Euros, organisation and coverage of costs for transport home
- Travel personal liability for property damage and personal injury flat rate 500,000 Euros (of which property damage to rented rooms including inventory 25,000 Euros)
- Assistance in the event of arrest or threatened arrest abroad
- 24-hour emergency service and immediate assistance worldwide
Anne K. books a short holiday in Barcelona. He takes out a TravelCover policy to make sure she is fully covered. However, the trip does not go as planned. During a guided tour Anne K.’s iPhone is stolen from her bag. She reports the theft on site immediately. The new value of the iPhone is paid by Europäische Reiseversicherung.
Due to the current political and military situation, the sanctions, airspace closures and deactivated payment facilities we currently do not offer insurance for travel to Israel, to Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.
For any trip abroad please inform yourself also about the current country-specific security advices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/reise-services/laender/
TravelCover can also be taken out for business trips. Please note however that TravelCover does not provide any cover for business luggage and manual activities that have to be carried out during the trip for professional reasons.
If you are looking for a product that offers cover in this situation also, we recommend our annual product Annual-TravelCover extended with the additional package "Business luggage & manual activity".
If you unexpectedly fall ill during an insured trip, we reimburse the costs of inpatient treatment until we can transport you back to Austria, even if the originally planned end of the trip has already passed.
With TravelCover you can choose between “Europe” and “worldwide” as the area of validity.
The “Europe“ area of validity includes Europe in the geographical sense, all the Mediterranean states and islands, Jordan, Madeira, the Azores, the Canary Islands, with the exception of Belarus, Russia, Syria and Crimea.
These states are, precisely: Egypt; Albania; Algeria; Andorra; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Denmark including the Faroe Islands (not Greenland); Germany; Estonia; Finland; France (excluding the overseas territories); Greece; Great Britain and Northern Island including the Shetland Islands, the Orkney Islands, Gibraltar, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man; Ireland; Iceland; Israel including the Gaza strip, West Jordan and the Golan Heights; Italy; Jordan; Kosovo; Croatia; Latvia; Lebanon; Libya; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxemburg; Macedonia; Malta; Morocco (not the western Sahara occupied by Morocco); Moldavia; Monaco; Montenegro; the Netherlands; Norway including Spitzbergen; Bear Island and Jan Mayen Island; Austria; Poland; Portugal including Madeira and the Azores; Romania; San Marino; Sweden; Switzerland; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain including the Canary Islands, the Balearic Islands, Ceuta and Melilla; Syria; the Czech Republic; Tunisia; Turkey; Ukraine; Hungary; the Vatican State; Cyprus.
“Worldwide” applies globally with the exception of Afghanistan, Belarus, Myanmar (Burma), Iran, Crimea, North Korea, Russia, Syria and Venezuela.
The family tariff applies to up to 7 persons travelling together, not more than 2 of whom are adults (21th birthday before the date of the start of the trip).
These persons do not have to be related to each other. A joint residence is not required.
When the premium is being calculated the family tariff is automatically proposed if this is more favourable for you than the single tariff and you enter a maximum of 7 persons of whom not more than 2 are adults.
Provided you have not started your trip, you can take out a TravelCover policy. If you take out cover via the Internet site, your insurance policy and the complete information will be displayed for download immediately and sent to you by email by way of confirmation.
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.