How we handle claims
How we handle claims
If you have a claim, please report it to us as soon as possible, please do not wait until the three-year deadline expires. It is best to report your claim online. Please also upload all documents, evidence, receipts, invoices, ... simply everything that proves your damage. Only when we have received all the documents we do begin to process the matter. We examine the documents, check whether there is cover (the documents will prove it), the sum insured is sufficient (usually is because our travel insurance policies have high sums insured) and release the payment. If the claims settlement was positive it will take only a few more days and the transfer will have arrived in your account.
- We ask you, in your interest and also in ours, to report the claim as soon as possible. In general, you have 3 years from the date of the event to report the claim or to submit additional documents.
- Please report the damage in writing. However, we are happy to offer you telephone advice on filing a claim. T +43 1 317 25 00
- Please enclose all activated documents/information with the damage report in order to avoid additional requirements and to shorten the processing time.
- Before you start filling out the form, please have all the necessary documents ready. When reporting a claim online, you have the option of uploading documents and photos.
- Please note that the data volume of document uploads is limited to 12 MB. Incorrect and password-protected files cannot be processed.
- The claims processing/examination of your case can only take place when all the necessary documents are available.
- We will contact you by email or post once we have processed your complete application.
- In the event of a positive settlement of your claim (assumption of the costs), please allow up to seven working days from the notification until the compensation amount arrives in the recipient's account.
- If you are unable to travel, please cancel with the booking office (e.g. travel agency, hotel, airline) as soon as possible.
- If you are not sure whether you will be healthy again by the time you start your journey, use our “StornoCheck” advice service.
- We reimburse you for the costs minus the social security share. Therefore, please submit doctor's and/or hospital bills to your social insurance as soon as possible. After processing there, please send us the remaining amount with the required documents.
- If you choose not to submit it to social security, the reimbursement will be made less a deductible. (depending on the selected insurance product)
- Please call our emergency number as soon as possible.
Emergency call 24 hours a day: +43 1 50 444 00
We will be happy to advise you and, in an emergency, organize the handling with the hospital and also your transport home.
- Have the claim confirmed in writing – e.g. B. in the case of theft, robbery or burglary by the police from the place of damage; in the event of damage during transport by the transport company (e.g. airline).
- In the event of damage during the flight, keep the flight tickets including the baggage tag.
- Have the delay confirmed by the transport company (e.g. airline) and keep the receipts for your replacement purchases.
- Have the cause of the missed trip/flight or the delay confirmed. Keep the invoices for the costs incurred for travel, accommodation and meals.
- Obtain the salvage operation report from the company that performed the salvage. Keep the invoices for the costs incurred and the deployment log.
- Do not give the injured party any acknowledgment of guilt in the form of written or verbal promises or payments and please inform us as soon as possible.
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.